Hot stone massage is a type of therapeutic massage that uses hot, smooth stones placed on key points on the body. The therapist may also use the stones to massage certain areas of the body. Proponents believe that the heat from the stones deepens the massage, relaxes muscles, and improves circulation. Some people also claim that hot stone massage in Omaha, NE can help relieve pain and tension in the muscles. While there is no scientific evidence to support these claims, hot stone massage is often considered a relaxing and soothing experience.
Benefits of Hot Stone Massage
There are many benefits to Hot Stone Massage. When the stones are used, they help to retain heat which in turn allows the therapist to work more deeply and effectively into the muscles. The stones can also be placed on specific areas of the body that need attention. This treatment is not only beneficial for adults but also for children. It is a great way to relax and distress after a long day. In addition, it can help relieve tension headaches, neck pain, and sore muscles.
- The heat from the stones penetrates deep into the muscles, providing relief from tension and pain.
- The massage therapist can use the stones to target specific areas of tension or pain.
- Hot stone massage is a great way to relax and de-stress after a long day
- It can also help improve circulation and digestion
- The stones are heated to a comfortable temperature, so there is no risk of burning yourself.
Aftercare of Hot Stone Massage
After a hot stone massage in Omaha, NE, clients often feel very relaxed. The therapist will give you some post massage instructions. Follow these tips to get the most out of your hot stone massage experience.
- Drink plenty of fluids
- Avoid hot showers or baths for the first 12 hours
- Avoid strenuous activity for the first 24 hours
- Ice packs can be used to reduce swelling
- Medicine can be taken to reduce bruising
- A heating pad may be used to relieve any muscle tension
If you’re looking for a relaxing and stress-relieving massage, hot stone is the way to go. The stones help heat up the muscles, which in turn leads to a deeper and more effective massage. Not only does this treatment feel great, but it can also help improve your overall sense of well-being.