Extensive research on the implications of first impressions has been undertaken over the years, and most of them have concluded that people establish enduring ideas within the first 12 seconds. You are at risk of losing out on potential customers, new hires, and business possibilities if your place of business shows a poor exhibition of office cleaning. The way your facilities are presented and the calibre of your service typically influences any perception people to have of your business.
How it boosts employee morale?
Studies show employee productivity increases as neatness breeds efficiency. Office cleaning has a beneficial effect not only on your clients as well as on your staff. Instead of leaving them with the idea that they have another eight hours of gruelling labour ahead of them, employees should feel welcomed when they enter the workplace.
What can be done to encourage office cleanliness at maximum?
- Providing employees with organized and clean cubicles to work in incites motivation among co-workers and is one of the simplest ways to keep them satisfied.
- The usage of old or dilapidated rugs or carpets should be avoided as it creates a negative impact on employees. Walls should be painted bright colours to encourage positivity.
- At all times, restrooms should be kept immaculately clean, and employee workstations and communal areas should be clutter-free.
- High contact touch points such as door knobs access buttons, lift buttons, or any other surfaces around the office that are touched frequently by a number of different people along with keyboard, mouse, personal devices, and stationery items should be cleaned at regular intervals.
- Additionally, frequent cleaning should be done on all floor surfaces.
How is office cleaning beneficial?
Having a clean working environment and a pleasant fragrance instils a positive attitude among the employees. Unplanned absences by employees due to sickness undermine an office’s efficiency as a whole and frequently affect sales and customer service. Regular cleaning will lessen the number of potentially dangerous germs that are present on surfaces at your workplace. This will keep your staff healthy and at maximum potency.
Be mindful that even if the visual impression is what you should be going for, you shouldn’t skip making sure the office is genuinely hygienically clean. All employees are accountable for keeping the workplace pleasant and clean. It is thus imperative that you focus on office cleaning as an unavoidable part of your business.